To be an academic institution in dynamic equilibrium with its social ecological and economic environment striving continuously for excellence in education, research and technological service to the nation.
- To create and sustain a community of learning in which students acquire knowledge and learn to apply it professionally with due consideration for ethical, ecological, and economic issues.
- To pursue research and disseminate research findings.
- To provide knowledge-based technological services to satisfy the needs of society and the industry.
- To help in building national capabilities in science, technology, humanities, management, education and research.
To pursue global standards of excellence in all our endeavors namely teaching, research, and consultancy and continuing education and to remain accountable in our core and support functions, through processes of self-evaluation and continuous improvement.
In pursuit of its mission IITM will
- develop human resources to serve the nation;
- recognize teaching as a unifying activity;
- nurture integrity, creativity and academic freedom;
- retain a willingness to experiment with new paradigms