The National Technology Centre for Ports, Waterways & Coasts (NTCPWC) plays a significant role in the evolution of ideas and breakthroughs that make a huge difference to the port and maritime sector in India. It functions as the technological arm of the Ministry of Shipping and provides scientific support to ports, IWAI, and other institutions. One of their initiatives, ‘Sagarmala’ is a strategic and customer-oriented approach that helps in the modernization of India’s ports to ensure that port-led development can be augmented and coastlines can be developed.
The testing facilities for (NTCPWC) include next generation ports and vessels and Indigenous Technology. Some of their major objectives are; developing state-of-the-art technologies and application products, enabling fast-track innovations and providing appropriate solutions, creating a pool of competent manpower equipped with the latest practical know-how and theoretical knowledge.
राष्ट्रीय प्रौद्योगिकी केंद्र बंदरगाह, जलमार्ग और तट के लिए (NTCPWC)
Areas of Research
- 2D & 3D Modelling of Ocean, Coastal & Estuarine Flows
- Navigation and Manoeuvring
- Port and Coastal Engineering-Structures and Breakwaters
- Experimental & CFD Modelling of Flow & Hull Interaction
- Port Development, Tranquillity and Masterplan
- Sediment Transport and Morpho-dynamics
- Dredging & Siltation
- Autonomous Platforms & Vehicles
- Hydrodynamics of Multiple Hulls
- Port Management